Unless you work with your love (which can be both a blessing and a curse), chances are you spend the majority of your day away from them. And your day is jam packed with stuff! There are times when fun things happen like, you eat something amazing and times when sucky things happen like, a co-worker pisses you off! You go through a lot of your life without the one you’ve chosen to go through life with.
The craziness of life can take a toll on relationships but study after study shows that doesn’t have to be the case. You just have to figure out ways to connect in spite of our often frantic pace. We’ve created this list of 22 ways that you can stay connected. We implement a lot of these into our relationship and they totally help!
Some of these take more time and effort than others but read through the list and we guarantee you’ll find a few that you can implement starting today!
Invite them into your day.
1. Sent them a quick “Thinking of You” text.
2. Call them to tell them about something funny that happened at work or home.
3. Send them a sexy or loving email.
4. Video chat just to check in and say “hi”.
“Give them the best of you, not just what’s left of you”
Yes, a good night’s sleep IS important. And, the dogs and kids DO need to be fed. AND, you have A LOT of work to do! But if you don’t prioritize your love then you risk losing them. It’s really as simple as that. And sometimes making something a priority means giving up something else. If you’re a morning person, maybe that means the 2 of you agree to wake up 15 minutes earlier so that you can have breakfast together…or maybe it’s staying up a little later at night. Figure it out! We know you can do it!
5. Wake up early to have breakfast together.
6. Get together for coffee during the day.
7. Stay up and have late night dessert while you watch a show on Netflix.
You’ve got chores to do… Kill two birds with one stone!
8. Workout together (you’re be more likely to achieve your fitness goals that way)
9. grocery shop together
10. get you car’s oil changed, tires rotated, spark plugs umm….sparked!…TOGETHER!
11. Take the puppies for a walk.
12. Wash and dry the dishes. (no one enjoys this chore so doing it together can ONLY make it better!)
13. Cook for the night or for the whole week.
14. Fold laundry…naked!
Create Quick Connects
15. Mute the tv during commercials and ask them a “Would You Rather” question.
16. Download one of the Couples Apps we suggested
17. Ask them “What was the BEST and WORST part of your day?”.
18. Hug for 20 seconds
19. Kiss each other good night
20. Go to bed at the same time.
21. Treat each other to a quick neck/foot rub
22. Write a love letter and leave it somewhere fun for them to find.
How do YOU stay connected?